Stage 2 CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease) is a relatively early stage which is characterized with mild decreased of GFR. But when patients are told they have stage 2 kidney disease, one of concerned and worried question is how long will it turn into end stage (Stage 5 CKD).
To be honest, for the question, I am sorry that I cannot reply you accurately. Actually, the length of time it takes to progress from stage 2 kidney disease into stage 5 depends on many factors, like age, degree of kidney damage, complication, treatment, physical status and so on. Generally speaking, it can be months or many years, while some patients will not experience end stage kidney disease in their whole lifetime. So many factors can affect the illness condition’s development directly or indirectly, among which the most key point is the management. Stage 2 kidney disease can be well controlled or even reversed as long as patients find out the individualized treatments.
Then, see the Management ways.
1. Have a regular checkups with your doctor. She or he will tell your kidneys’ specific conditions.
2. Design a healthy and balanced diet plan and just do it. Generally speaking, a low-protein and low-salt diet is helpful for reducing kidney’s burden. Besides, you should pay attention to the potassium, phosphorus, fat intake.
3. Control your blood pressure. (the ideal blood pressure level for different patients)
125/75 for people with diabetes
130/80 for people without diabetes or proteinuria
125/75 for people without diabetes, but who have proteinuria
4. Do exercises regularly.
5. Stop smoking.
6. Take medicines as prescribed by your doctor.
7. Keep your blood sugar or diabetes under control.
That’s the general introduction of the CKD Stage 2 Management. If you have any questions, do feel free to contact our Online Doctor directly or email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help you.